The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Friday, February 10, 2006

My professional subspecialty

Often in this field, one develops a subspecialty, an area of psychology and therapy in which one has great interest and gains expertise. Sometimes this is very intentional, as when one purposely reads about a particular problem area in order to learn more about it. Other times, it just kind of happens that the person is somehow very expert in the area. Either way, it usually follows that clients with issues in this area are then referred by the front desk staff.

Mine, apparently, is treatment of water-aversion disorders and phobias.

Everytime it rains, and I do mean EVERYTIME, my clients either call to cancel or else just do not come in.

If only I knew how I became so brilliant in this area, I'd write a book. But I wouldn't be able to start it now anyway. I'd need to go to the store to get supplies, and it just started to drizzle outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home