The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Man, I Loves This Stuff!

The greatest thing in the history of the world is Nyquil. No question.

I was very tired yesterday, and so I thought I'd treat myself to extra sleep by going to bed early. Ah, but my body, like my mind, has quite a sense of humor, and it decided that I should wake up two hours later. I know my body, and if I have slept for two hours, I will not be able to go back to sleep until sometime around when I should be getting up for work. So I took Nyquil to sleep. Screw you, body!

Yes, Nyquil: the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, sore-throat, stuffy-headed, fever, I-need-to-fall-asleep medicine.

What I love about Nyquil is how wonderful the sleep is. I just love that sleep so much more than any other sleep that doesn't involve being naked with someone else. My body is so relaxed, every position I lay in is phenomenally comfortable, and the dreams are so vivid and wonderful. In fact, I am certain that I am wearing a smile (and maybe even letting off happy little moans every so often) the entire time I am asleep. Oh, such a wondrous feeling!

I even love waking up in the middle of the night. My body is still sedated from the Nyquil, so I get to re-experience the joy which is second only to the actual sleeping: the process of falling back to sleep. It's so wonderful.....sometimes I wish I could wake up more, just so I could go back to sleep!

Then again, I guess it makes sense why they have started to card me for Nyquil at the supermarket.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home