The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

And I'll Try to Remember the Sun.....

In one marvelous, wondrous, mind-warpingly sad word: TiVo.

(okay, so it's actually not the brand TiVo, but it is Digital Video Recording)

I got this new service installed yesterday. It allows me to pause live TV, skip commercials, and record things I am not watching (up to 80 hours....who the Hell has 80 hours of TV to watch?!). This will be the end of me. My fantasy is that having this service will allow me to watch less TV because I am skipping commercials and watching things I have recorded rather than just filling time until something good comes on. I also fantasize that it will allow me to go to bed earlier, as I will not be tempted to stay up late to watch some of my favorite shows.

In reality, I know, it will just allow me to watch more television and more often. Damn.

I suppose I will have to leave my apartment for food and money eventually, tho....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home