The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Monday, March 20, 2006

I Think the People Are Broken.....

So, I was on the phone with my friend John this evening. Around 9:15pm the fire alarm in the building hallways went off....Loud! "Oh shit!" I thought. "Something is wrong!" After all, they don't do fire drills in apartment complexes. So when the alarm goes off, there must be a fire somewhere in a common area! Hearing the alarm, I hustled to put on my shoes and jacket (hey, it was cold outside!), threw the leash on my dog, and quickly left my apartment to go outside and not burn to death.

When I stepped out of my apartment into the hall, I found all of my neighbors wandering around asking one another what was going on. It's the fire alarm, morons! Go outside!

So, as I stood outside all by myself, still talking on my phone, I realized that maybe these people I live with in Michigan are not the brightest people in the world. One person on the first floor walked out onto her patio for about a minute, but then wandered back inside. A group of people walking from the building to their car told me that the alarm went off because someone burned their dinner (later I would wonder why I trusted people leaving the building).

The alarm kept going for a half hour until the fire department arrived. Boy, they really raced right over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home