The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

So, Howzabout This Weather....

I have decided that the weather in Michigan is stupid. I do not necessarily mean that I don't like the weather, but rather that it is actually unintelligent.

Let's consider the past couple of days....Sunday night we had an incredibly loud thunderstorm, the kind where people were complaining the next day about being kept awake by it. Monday started out gloomy and slimy, but the sun came out. That night it snowed two inches, which were gone by noon the following day (the temperature hit a low of 31 degrees and a high of 72). Today was nice, but it is supposed to snow something fierce tomorrow.

Actually, I think I'll change what I said.....the weather is not stupid; the weather is bipolar!

"Michigan, where if you don't like the weather, just wait an hour."

When I moved here in August, everyone warned me about the snow, emphasizing something called "lake effect winters." I was told not to expect to see less than 3 feet of snow for any significant amount of time, and to say good-bye to the sun in November because it would not return until like April. NOW when I ask people about this, they actually apologize for the good weather and make great efforts to impress me with how it "usually" is!

But I'm not afraid of snow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home