The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Monday, May 29, 2006

Three Questions About What My Dog Found

I took Melisma for a walk this morning down the 4-lane street toward the High School and bike path. On the way back she rummaged in some grass along the sidewalk and emerged with what appeared to be a blackened, fossilized pair of women's underwear. This lead me to wonder about three things:

1) How does a pair of women's underwear wind up in the grass alongside a major 4-lane road? (I imagine a couple walking together and realizing that they could not wait any longer before falling into one another's arms)

2) Did the underwear come to look like that before or after it was removed from the woman? And if it was before, is there nothing that would turn off the guy?

3) (and most importantly) What is it about disgusting, blackened, hardened women's underwear that makes my dog think "wow, I need to put that in my mouth and carry it with me"?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    Actually the underwear was most likely left there by another dog. It's some odd form of communication. Basically, the dog stole the underwear from it's owner with the thought "I can't believe she still wears these!" and left them for your dog. In a way it is like your dog reading a little note or short book. By the way, I am a bit concerned....you never mentioned if you let her keep them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home