The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Two Points of Annoyance

Hi. Today I had the glad fortune to stumble upon two things which I had not realized were so annoying to me. Because, really, isn't that important to know? ;)

Annoying Thing One: Since it was a beautiful sunny day today, I went to the park with Melisma. I figured she would run, sniff things, bounce into the water, and generally be merrily-spastic until I tied her to something while I read some of my book in the afternoon sun. Add to this that the park, two blocks from my apartment no less, has chicks and ducks and geese (which better scurry) and streams and all sorts of beautiful nature loveliness. Nice day, right? Well, except that a lot of other people had the same idea as me. Which brings me to annoying thing number one:

People's jackets (which are unnecessary on a day like today anyhow) do not "hold" the entire park bench for them while they sit somewhere else and eat or play. What people's jackets on park benches DO do (huh huh...) is make me have to walk around the park for an extra 10 minutes stalking people who seem to be leaving their park bench (then Melisma and I pounce!)

(Incidentally, this is not so much an annoyance as it is kind of odd....children will just walk up to someone else's dog and begin to pet it, but never actually ask or even look at the owner)

On to Annoying Thing Two: Cell-phone Chirping. Some cell phones have a "walkie-talkie" feature on them that allows other people to contact the owner directly, very much like a walkie-talkie (go figure, right?), signaled by an electronic chirping sound. The problem? Some people KEEP using this feature for the duration of their conversation. So every single time anything is said, people around them hear a loud "CHIRP!" As I sit on my balcony, birds chirping is pleasant; electronic devices chirping are very much not. Oh, and because the person is using the walkie-talkie feature, they are also holding the phone away from their mouth and yelling into it. "{CHIRP!} What you eating? {CHIRP!} McDonald's. {CHIRP!} Man, I ate McDonald's yesterday. {CHIRP} Yeah, and that's why you look like a pig. {CHIRP!} Fuck you, yo. Man, It's a nice relaxing day, huh? {CHIRP!} Yeah, it's real nice to be able to sit outside and chill {CHIRP!}"

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but any chance you could ask that person to move their jacket off of the bench?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Rama said…

    *chirp* I feel your pain. *end chirp*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home