The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

All the Numbers.....The Numbers!

As a psychologist, I know that the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

(well, actually, I suppose that the first step would actually be to have a problem to be admitted to, which may seem obvious, but I have worked with people who have admitted to addictions and problems that that really did not have)

I am addicted to Sudoku. I bought a book of 300 of them, and I do several each day, and I even know what "Sudoku" means in Japanese! I see the numbers and cells and columns sometimes when I close my eyes. Sometimes during therapy sessions when my mind would normally get momentarily distracted by a stray thought, I find myself thinking about the patterns.

And, as with all good addictions, I cannot stop. Once I finish one puzzle, I have to do another. I have even missed out on some sleep to do "just one more."

There should totally be a support group for this....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    Corey,
    Apparently this addiction isn't all that bad for you. Check out this link!
    http://www.bibleoutlines.com/blog/B1096934967/C690787384/E20060128115522/index.html

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh!!!
    I have the bug too!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home