The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Sunday, February 26, 2006

It Only Takes 7 Numbers to Not Be a Jerk

A brief gripe.....When I call a friend, especially when I call for a specific event (for example, "Do you want to get together for lunch tomorrow?" or "I'd like to catch a movie this weekend, so let me know whether or not you'll be around"), I expect that they call me back. It's just really, really rude and disrespectful not to, and it leaves me hanging. I've tried waiting, and with some people that does not work. I've tried giving the benefit of the doubt (e.g. "Maybe the person is out of town"), but that is often not the case. I've even tried leaving my phone number, just in case the person somehow lost it.

When someone thinks of you, and cares enough to express interest in seeing you, return the call. It is polite, respectful, and shows you care. Don't be a disrespectful jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home