The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sleepy-Time Blues

I think most people have had the kind of dream which seemed so real that they still believed it for a little while after waking up, until they realized that it was in fact just a dream. At some point soon after waking, they think something like "wait...no, my sister did not really move to Idaho" or (and this is probably the worst) "crap....I didn't already get up, shower, and get ready for work."

I've been having different kinds of dreams. Twice now I've woken up not only with a dream-memory, but also with the emotional experience of the dream still with me. In other words, I wake up feeling what I felt in the dream, and I feel that way to some extent most of the day. Last week I woke up ticked off at nothing in particular, just in a generally pissy mood. Today was worse.

Today I woke up feeling really down. I remember the dream, and I know there is much rich material that can be interpreted. Therefore, I won't describe the content of the dream (not so much to avoid being known by those reading this blog who can figure out "what it all means," but more so to avoid it being interpreted by those people who only think they can interpret dream content).

I will say this, though: it was about an ex-girlfriend of mine, someone from a few years ago who may very well be "the one who got away"....although as I recall it, she kind of RAN away. Even though she was wonderful, I am over her (I have dated since). She was just unbelievably amazing, and I remember her every now and again. Such a shame, really.....

Anyhow, I woke up feeling down, just very bummed-out, and carried it with me through the day. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go through my day as bummed as when I woke, but I did maintain a general feeling of malaise and isolation. Chorus practice and doggie-kisses helped, though, and now I feel much better.

Stupid laying unconscious for several hours......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home