The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Sunday, February 19, 2006

What We Have Is a Failure to Communicate

There are certain things I do not need to be told, specifically those things which I already know or which I don't like to be reminded of. Information about my cable service fits conveniently into both of these categories.

I have begun to think that, although I do not watch television all the time (maybe a couple hours a day, which is far below the national average), I could watch less. If I could get rid of commercials and record late night shows to watch the next day, I would be able to have more time for myself and not be as tired for work the next day (some of my favorite shows end at 11pm or 11:30pm). So, I e-mailed my cable company about the cost of adding TiVo. They sent me back an e-mail detailing what I pay for NOW. It was almost as if they were trying to suggest to me "hey, you spend enough already, do you really need to add something else?"

I find this to be especially amusing because, apparently, my cable company and I are having communication problems. Being that the company is called "Charter Communications," and "communication" is actually in their name, I would have thought this would not be such a problem. I ask a question, they answer. What could be simpler?

I am tempted to send them another e-mail and point out this irony, but I am afraid they'd send me back my phone number and address or something.....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    I noticed you have a blog. I have read it. It appears that you have things to say and are using your blog to say them.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, the cable company is crazy. It may be your location. Maybe it is a Michigan thing. Try to change something about your cell phone plan and see what fun ensues. Or order some Mexican food and then call back and add extra cheese to something. I know that your cable company isn't based soley in Michigan. It may indeed be a zip code thing. Zip code prejudice. They don't like your zip so they give you a hard time and then laugh behind your back. Beware!!!! and then change over to Dish :)
    Ali

     

Post a Comment

<< Home