The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Feedback is Fun

So, I read some of the feedback from my blog....apparently, someone would like an individual e-mail and feels that I have been rudely clogging their inbox with notification that I have a blog. I do recall sending out one e-mail inviting people to visit, and another as part of a forward for a happy monster thing that I thought was cute. Doesn't seem like "clogging" to me, but whatever.

Anyhow, it seems that this person is offended that I would choose to write things on my blog that I think my friends and family will find interesting. He or she cares enough to desire an individual e-mail from me, but apparently not enough to send one to me to which I would reply.

A couple thoughts: Firstly, this is my blog, and I will write what I want. If I want to write about ideas I have had or thoughts I have been thinking, I will do so. If I want to write about what I have been doing lately, then I will write that, too. Hell, if I decide to post a message about what I do in the bathroom (although I probably won't), then it'll be on this website. If people enjoy what I am writing about (and I hope that they do!), then I am glad. If not, well, I'm not forcing anyone to come back and read this blog ever again. This blog is primarily for those people who care about what I have been doing and thinking, and who appreciate my way of observing and commenting on my life (even if they do not know me...I have several visitors from other states and countries). Anyone else does not matter all that much to me.

Secondly, if someone wants an e-mail and would like me to know how they are doing, they are welcome to send ME a message. Complain about not hearing from me that way if you feel so strongly about it, but don't hide behind the anonymity of the Internet and say things to me that you don't have the personal strength to say directly. Anonymously complaining about me on my blog is like publicly bitching about me to my friends and family behind my back. Ironically, this is not a quality that makes me think "wow, I would really like to spend time corresponding with this person." I suppose anonymity is protective, too.

However, I do agree with this person's point: I have been lax in asking people how they are doing. I am interested in anyone to whom I sent the link to this site, and I'd love to hear about what you have been up to. Unfortunately, I find that I do not have the time to write individual e-mails to everyone in my address book....at least, not ones that would be detailed enough to really "count" as a good-enough e-mail (and if I did send such an e-mail to everyone, it would be incredibly repetitive to write the same long summary of my life 100+ times, especially since several of my friends are not much better at e-mailing than I am and I wouldn't hear back from some of them!). However, I intend to begin writing some individual e-mails, even if they are short.

So to that person, my apologies if you felt slighted. I would probably be sorry to have annoyed/upset you, if I knew who you were. Hopefully you still visit my blog to see this message, and you will write soon.

And to everyone reading this: How are you? What have you been up to? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home