The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Elevator of Doom (of dooooom!)

The building I work in (or rather, the building in which I work - thanks 6th grade Inglisch teacher!) has an elevator which allows people to move between the second floor (which is where the main entrance is located) and the third floor (which is where Residential Life, Judicial, and other offices which students seek to avoid at all costs is located). A special key is needed to go to the first floor, because that is where all the fun medical equipment is. Fortunately, we keep the key in a location easily accessible to pretty much anyone who thinks to look there.

Most people have traditionally used the elevator to move between floors. Because it opens on two sides (the main hallway and the ulta-warm-and-fuzzy therapist-office hallway), I like to use it to avoid walking around and using the door to my office area. Not because I am lazy, but because I am awesome.

The elevator is also located about 15 seconds away from the stairs. Keep that in mind.

Anyhow, this elevator has had a tendency to break daily, and we have gotten very close to thinking that we should laminate the "Elevator is Out of Order" sign to avoid excessive wear-and-tear on taking it down, then putting it back up a few hours later. Everyone knows that the elevator breaks often, and everyone seems to view using the elevator as a gamble with being trapped inside for a long, boring, claustrophobic period of time.

Still, I have not yet seen anyone use the stairs. I HAVE, however, heard several people ask and worry aloud as to whether the elevator will break as they wait to get onto it.

Reason number 42 why the supermarket needs to keep a fleet of scooters available for people to use......

4 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    I think you should always carry a 2 liter bottle of Coke, a sack of Tacos and a portable gaming system with you. Then you can have your very own party when the elevator breaks. I would also recommend riding in the elevator as often as possible!

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Haven't visited in ages, Corey, because I didn't jump right up and post the link to the new blog on mine when I was thinking about it, and so it took me several weeks to remember. Not the sharpest cheese in the fridge, says me.

    Anyway, aside from still having invisible comment buttons and near-invisible titles, I still like it. You sound well. This is a good thing.

    As for the ratio-questions, Willem wants you to just email the actual exam question, because neither of us have any idea what you're talking about. I know, this is probably a first-ever.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    P.S. And given the complete and utter LACK of linkage here, I feel no guilt.

    Well, okay, I feel guilt. But less.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger lundy911 said…

    Hey Babe, why don't you and I go trap ourselves in that elevator. Do they have cameras?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home