The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Best PMS EVER!!!!

Okay, how is THIS for an awesome set-up?

My girlfriend gets, shall we say, "irritable" for a few days each month. Although probably not the most enjoyable time in her life, from a distance I am certain she is glad for her reproductive capacity. As for me, well, people might assume that I should take the standard attitude of "stay the Hell out of her way, tread lightly, and make sure you have a clear path to the nearest exit just in case it suddenly becomes important to escape."

Ah, but not quite....

Last Tuesday I went over to visit my girlfriend and do laundry for free in her apartment. She had a shitty day at work, and apparently her dog literally had a shitty day at home (and in several areas of her home at that!). Unaware of any of this, I entered her apartment as she was cleaning her dog's "day" off of her vacuum (hmm....cleaning her vacuum? Kinda ironic, don't you think?). Suffice to say, she was not in a chipper mood when I entered, but very glad to get hugs.

Fast-forward a bit to me doing laundry, overloading the washing machine, and making it stop in the middle of the rinse-cycle. After freaking out about the washing machine for about 20 minutes, my girlfriend ran across the parking lot to her friend's apartment to see if I could finish my laundry there. While she was gone, I began to take my clothes out of the machine to transfer them. The machine started back up after I took some clothes out, which made her very happy. We went over to her friend's apartment to inform her that we would not in fact need to use her washing machine. I did my part in that by proudly exclaiming, "Hey, guess what? I fixed the washing machine!!"

And here's the cool part - in order to make herself feel better about her horrible day, she made me dinner!

I'll say that again in a different way, for emphasis: When Karin has a bad day, and even when I contribute to it, she makes me a delicious home-cooked meal.

Best PMS EVER!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. A free homemade meal! Now don't start going out of your way to get those. "Oops, I dropped black dye on your white rug. Oh, I like A-1 with my steak...and make that steak pink in the middle".-Ali

     

Post a Comment

<< Home