The Deep Reservoir of Ok-Ness

Monday, July 16, 2007

Moving and Moving On

We are moving on Friday. We are very excited and looking forward to it, although getting ready has been a bit more involved than we might have hoped.


First of all, our dogs had been fighting. Apparently and according to a professional dog behaviorist, my dog is an insecure bully who kept pushing Shiloh around. Shiloh had enough, and they really went at it a few times. And I do mean "went at it" in the "hundreds of dollars in vet bills" sense. We were told that it could take months of training to get them into the same room together, and that we would always have to be on the look-out for fights to happen again. After a lot of deliberation, we decided that it would be best for everyone (especially the dogs) if one was re-homed. We dropped Shiloh off with her new family this weekend, and both Karin and I are sad to have had to say good-bye. Shiloh is a great dog and we love her very much. We know it's for the best, though. We will miss her, but we are very happy that she has such a great new home with a fenced-in backyard and people who love her very much. When we were there, she seemed happy, and we are glad for that. It'll take some time, though. Well, for everyone except Melisma I suppose....



Packing is taking longer than we might have liked. I know Karin is looking forward to moving, but I think she is also anxious. I believe her anxiety may be playing out in our efforts to pack. For example, we did some more packing last night. While I packed up pots and pans and Tupperware in the kitchen, Karin spent over an hour cleaning out her purse and jewelery box. It was cute! I couldn't help but see the humor in our efforts to pack, that I was in a hurry to pack away things we might need to use this week, while Karin spent time getting through various bags of small items that she apparently never uses (hence why things were thrown away or really, really tangled).
Oh, and here's a little factoid for you all: water is sacred in Atlanta. It is sacred to the point where there is a whole rigmarole to go through in order to get it from someone else. When I called the power, gas, phone, television, and Internet companies to have service put in my name, there was absolutely no problem; I just gave them my info and each company said "okay, now YOU are paying for the stuff in the house." But WATER? No no NO! I called to have the water put into my name, but since I am renting the house I have to go to City Hall with a copy of my lease, 2 forms of identification, and over a hundred dollars in fees. It's not as if I am asking to have someone ELSE pay my bills. No, I am asking if I can pay MY LANDLORD'S water bill. And really, as there EVER been a problem where someone else was trying to pay a bill and the person threw a fit.
(Seriously, if any of you out there want to pay any of my bills, I would not have a problem with it.)
So we have water in our new home, we just won't be paying for it until I make my way to City Hall. Oh, and don't forget that I have a job and am working while City Hall is open.
I wonder how much water I will need to drink while I am walking to and from City Hall in the Atlanta sun.....see, that's how the water company gets ya.....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger lundy911 said…

    This from the man that waits until after 3 episodes of tv'oed SCRUBS... Hey babe, it is 11pm. Why don't we start packing those boxes...

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger lundy911 said…

    We made it! Corey, I can't tell you how excited I am to be with you in Atlanta. I love you very much! (Melisma too!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home